
A few things about Lizzie:
Full name: Elizabeth Jean Rawlings but she's been Lizzie from a get go and only gets Elizabeth when she's in deep deep trouble which isn't very often.
Lizzie's favorite things: Lizzie current favorite movie is the Labyrinth with David Bowie it's a really weird movie with puppets she kind of likes movies that scare her a little bit I worry about this but then she reminds me that she knows that it's not really scary because they are actors and actors are people just like us. ( I still think David Bowie is a little scary.) She loves ponies, barbies, reading books and coloring. If it's girlish Lizzie is all over it.
Lizzie is a really good friend. She takes really good care of her friends always remembering to apologize when she's in the wrong with a friend and making sure that everyone is included in having fun. She plays with her friends daily and if she can't for some reason the world might as well be over.
I've been really impressed to watch her in primary if there is ever a new person or someone who is struggling in class Lizzie will either walk with them to Primary holding their hand or sit by them and help them "know" the answers to the questions. Lizzie's primary teacher told me that if there ever is a child misbehaving they'll sit them by Lizzie and they will usually start singing and paying attention like Lizzie.
Lizzie has an extensive vocabulary and is often mistaken for being much older than she really is. She is spelling words and sounding them out which has made for some really unique ways to look at our language ex: she spelled Nails nels and allowed ulawod. Unfortunately she won't start kindergarten till the fall of '09 but I'm sure she'll enjoy preschool this fall. She is very observant and picks up on the littlest things and can recall the tiniest of details at any given moment.
She remembers people's names really well the other day we were talking about her being in day care and she remembered her day care provider's name, her son and her husband (Lizzie left day care at her 2nd birthday). She remembers all of her friends parents names and calls them all by their first name ( I probably should do something about that).
Lizzie loves her siblings and loves to "babysit" when i take a shower or any other given time.
Lizzie is my big helper always willing to help me out.
She is very outgoing and loves to preform at any given time. She started singing in front of large audiences at the age of 2.5 she sang I am a Child of God and I love to see the temple (all versus) in front of a nursing home fhe. The last Primary Program they asked Lizzie to sing I'm trying to be like Jesus with another girl. She wasn't nervous about it at all and has shared her testimony several times.
Lizzie loves to learn and asks a lot of questions.
Lizzie loves lip gloss and hairspray almost to a fault.
She loves her grandparents and really really loves her uncles and has finally learned the right question to which is her favorite uncle: Garret is her favorite uncle garret, Brett is her favorite uncle brett...etc.
Lizzie wants to be a Ballerina and Doctor and a Movie Director when she grows up.
Lizzie is very aware of the fact that she is a Child of God and I think that has helped her be who she is.
Lizzie wants to tag: Devon, Kennedy, Logan Y., Blake, Abby and Haylie.
3 weeks ago





4 comments:
Labrynth? are you serious? that movie scared the crap out of me when I first saw it, and I was like 13!
ps those are gorgeous pictures of the girls!!! you guys are quite the photographers.
So fun to learn what miss Lizzie Jean is up to! I love all her cute freckles!! So adorable.
Lizzie's quite the righteous social bee. You know she got that from you.
Also, she sounds like the budding phonetician. No, seriously. Those are the types of things I was doing around that time of my life. When she's a little older, I'll teach her all about allophones and phonemes. Usually no earlier than high school does this stuff ever get broached, but I'm thinking little Lizzie and I are gonna have some nice sit-down phonetics chats when she becomes a beehive.
And Labyrinth? That movie still complete freaks me out. My dad showed it to me for the first time and I was like, uh-huh, not on your life. Lizzie's got some intestinal fortitude, I tell you what.
Post a Comment