Monday, July 19, 2010

Kicking Cancer's CAN!!!


Ok so I know I've completely fallen off the face of the blogging world and honestly it's with lots and lots of really good reasons.


Reason #1: I'm pregnant. (17 weeks for those who are counting) That should be enough to say in itself but I'll add to that that I'm super tired and have three other children that need my attention constantly.

Reason #2: It's summer time. Often during the spring I get so excited for those lazy days of summer of just sitting around doing nothing. I think someone made that up because usually by May my entire Summer Calendar is full of family events, church events, swimming lessons and other great things to do leaving little room and energy for blogging.

Reason #3: It's hard to want to not catch everybody up on EVERYTHING we've been doing. And since Reason #2 exists I honestly don't have time for that.

Reason #4: Our family has had some major emotional, spiritual challenges with the birth and death of my nephew Henry. That I will blog about but the words are hard to come by with such an overwhelming life changing event. But I'll blog that out on my mommy contents blog soon.

Reason #5: I'm crazy. There I said it. You all knew it but really I am. The Kicking Cancer's Can 5k extravaganza is fast approaching (19 days to be exact) and in combination of the above 4 reasons it's been a little nuts to feel like I'm in complete control. But thankfully I'm surrounded by amazing people who care about others as much as I do and have helped me out more than words could ever thank. So now I'm turning to you my blogging friends to post something to help further this cause. Please go to our website. http://www.kickingcancerscan.blogspot.com/ read about Candice, If you'd like an awesome good time come to our event, make a donation or just copy and paste the bloggy button and do a little post on your blog. I promise once Summer is done, I'll have two kids in school and hopefully that new burst of energy that comes in the second trimester, and I'll be able to blog a lot more. But till then PLEASE help me out! Link your blog to our website and spread the word for me.


Thanks a ton

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Got the button! So sad. So sad about the loss of your nephew. It must be Michaels. OH dang it. Prayer for your family. XO

Michelle W. Nate said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew. That is tough. On a different note, that is so exciting that you are having another little one. How fun! Hang in there.

Sarah said...

You're not kidding about being busy! 1st: Congrats on the pregnancy. Hope you're feeling well and prepping for #4! Whoa!
2nd: So sorry to hear about your nephew. What a heart-breaking event.
3rd: Good luck with Kicking Cancer's Can. I'm so impressed you're working so hard (while pregnant, I might add)! What a wonderful cause. Hope everything goes wonderfully.

K'Lyn said...

Congratulations on the baby! I miss seeing you. I need to call you when we come down that way. I am sorry you are so busy! I wish I was closer to help. Take care of yourself!

David and Shayla said...

What a wonderful thing to be involved in, I'll check it out! Good luck in your 5k!

The Pitcher Family said...

So sorry to hear about your nephew. Congrats on #4. Are you going to find out what sex the baby is?

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Congrats on having baby #4!! Your kids are so cute and grown up! SO sad to hear about your nephew, I hope you are doing well.