Monday, November 5, 2007

Menu

I've been a total slacker mom for Halloween. We really didn't decorate the house and I didn't buy either of my girls costumes (princess dress-up and Lizzie's old Lady bug costume). So to make Halloween special I told Lizzie we would be eating special foods that day. We started out the day with Jack 'O Lantern pancakes (pumpkin pancakes with a few Chocolate chips in a smiley face). For Lunch we had Fish Blood Soup and Ooey Gooey sandwiches (tomato soup with gold fish crackers and grilled cheese soup) then to top the night off we had smashed brains with eyeballs and dried finger bones ( spaghetti with meatballs and breadsticks). It was so much fun every person Lizzie talked to she had to tell how crazy her mom was and the "gross" things she was going to have to eat. I'll tell you what though although Lizzie thought they sounded gross she has never eaten better even taking seconds ( a big deal) on smashed brains!
besides the usual halloween pumpkins i added a new addition to our porch they're called spirit jugs. just recycled milk jugs with christmas lights in them. they turned out super cute and didn't cost me a dime!

Abby seems to like the pancakes
O they'll be swimming with the fishes tonight in my belly!

The breadsticks could have turned out cuter if I would have had sliced almonds for finger nails
I made like 6 of these they really help light up our porch next year I think i'll try the orange lights just to see how they'd look.

1 comments:

Palmers said...

Andrea,
That sounds really fun. I'm going to have to remember those ideas for next year. My kids would love that! Super cute costumes too. :)