Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ode to a Car


Jeremy recently sold his old storm for those of you who knew us in college this car was quite memorable and lets be honest the reason I started dating him (Just Kidding). Anyhow as we watched the new owners drive away I couldn't help but feel a twinge of sadness creep in my heart. We had so many good memories with that car like the time I couldn't get my old Omnit to start during a super cold Logan morning and used my womanly charm to get Jeremy to drive me to Salt Lake to a family party, as we were driving the temperature gage steadily rose until it said it was hot, now mine and Jeremy's account vary on what happened he claims I told him it was fine and to continue to drive and I remember not knowing what to do leaving the decision in his hands regardless the car died on I-15 leaving us stranded fortunately my uncle came and towed the car for us. Luckily it was only a water pump but still quite memorable. I always wanted to find a cool name for the car and only after we sold it did the name come to me. "lightning" what was I thinkin'! anyhow we are so grateful for the car and are sad to see it go but thanks for the memories and may you have a happy life with your new owner.

1 comments:

Alexis said...

I can't believe you guys parted with that sweet ride! Not that driving seemed very safe any longer... - but the nostalgia! I can only imagine the loss you must be feeling. When I saw that car in town there was no asking, "I wonder if that is Jeremy?" It WAS Jeremy. They just don't make 'em like that anymore...