Friday, October 24, 2008

....and wiser too...

So it was my birthday on Monday and I'm just getting to posting about it. It was a fantastic birthday and really as i creep closer to thirty I really can't help but get excited. We celebrated as a family on Sunday night. Monday I ignored nearly all of my "responsibilities" at home (dishes, laundry, cleaning and such) and read "Midnight Sun" online. (Darn that twilight series) Then my dear friend Mindy took our kids and I picked Jeremy up from work and we had an actual date. It was awesome. On my way to get Jeremy I nearly died twice thanks to things flying out of people's trucks but we made it home alive. It was a fantastic day. I really do like my birthdays not that it has to be a big hullabaloo I'm just grateful to be alive and to have the awesome life that I do. Anyhow here's a few pix from the day.

This is Jeremy's idea of a birthday cake. It's a grasshopper cookie. It made me laugh and still makes me smile.

Lizzie actually blew out my candle. I told her that since she blew it out that meant she was the one who turned 28.

This is the best present ever. My face doesn't say really how excited I was. If Jeremy hadn't given this to me on a Sunday night I probably would have left him right there on the spot and gone for a run. On it's maiden voyage we ran 4.66 miles in 45 minutes and burned 468 calories. It was so cool to see all the information and to have the added motivation to get out and run. Thanks again honey! I love it!

When Jeremy and I got back from our date Monday, Mindy and the kids had made this birthday cake for me. It was so cute and so yummy; although I was stuffed to the gills, there's always room for birthday cake. Delicious! (Ps it's a train. Mindy said they had a big debate over the train of Batman)

11 comments:

m@R(! said...

Happy Birthday! i like Jeremy's idea of a cake..that is hilarious!

Sarah said...

Happy 28! Wow, time flies! It was seven years ago around this time of year that we had our Halloween LDSSA date night - remember? Well, I'm sure you do. It's just crazy how fast it goes! Happy Birthday to ya!

Alexis said...

Happy happy birthday!! I love both of your cakes! :) I need to know more about that birthday gift.... glad you had a great day! Sure miss you guys!

McKenna said...

Happy Birthday! And, for those of us who are your age...can't we just avoid all that "creeping closer to 30" talk? Yipes.
And I remember that LDSSA date. I can't believe it's been seven years. We should all get together again for some human fuze-ball! We'll make it a date for your next birthday :)

Daughter of God said...

I thought of you a couple of weeks ago remembering that it was your birthday this month. Sorry I didn't get an email our phone call out. Happy belated birthday!

Melissa said...

acck!! i didnt know it was your birthday!!! i feel so bad that i missed it!! :( im such a bad friend, i will make it up to you i promise!!!

Melissa said...

so did you already read twilight? or just midnight sun? just curious.

Kaylene said...

Happy birthday! LOL! Too cute!

Raegan said...

Happy Birthday! At least Jeremy got you a cake! That's pretty good for a guy...

BrandonKristin said...

hope you had a great time on your birthday. Someday, since we live close, we really should get together!
--kristin

Aubry Macbean said...

Happy Birthday. Can't say that I am looking forward to turning thirty. Glad someone can though.