Oh how my heart longed for those days of white
Bringing to my mind warm cocoa and Christmas Lights
And as the flakes fell from the smoldering clouds
Children's laughter could be heard all around
The fluffy new blankets of glistening gleam
The sleds and snowmen and long winter's dream
We joyed in the newness and held it neatly to our pleasant delight
And thus winter came and oh how it stayed
Taking the sunlight on it's relentless tirade
Of COLD winter winds and blizzarding skies
And red frozen noses and watering eyes
When finally the newness dies
And the laughter turns into whimpering cries
Enough Winter!
Let it be done.
You have become the infected splinter
In my soul's search of fun
My love has faded and is fading more still
Please leave me before you can kill
The good memories we have made
And the desire I'll need
To call for you when my heart bleeds
To make the big trade
From cold autumn breezes
To winter induced sneezes
Fare thee well, Winter
I hope you'll forgive me
For my poor fickle heart
Please don't come back Bitter
Fare thee well, Winter. Farewell.
4 days ago





7 comments:
how long did it take you to come up with that? i am jealous. i couldnt come up with a rhyme to save my life. i demand that all your posts be in iambic pentameter from now on. or better yet...haiku! (sp?)
AMEN!!!!!
I am very ready for winter to be over too - and here it is - snowing still! At least the snow doesn't last too long. Have a beautiful day!
All of your posts are so clever! I can barely relay what I want to say most of the time! But if you want to check out our blog with not so very clever posts send me an email chanelgiles@gmail.com and I will send you and invite. And your kids are adorable!!!
I say let's throw good ole winter a going away party!!!
he he :) Sorry to rub in our spring weather, I'm loving it!
As for the meatloaf cake, it's just a basic ritz cracker meatloaf recipe (really NOT good for you) and then I peel the potatoes really well and add a block of cream cheese and beat them to death so they're really really smooth. I split the meatloaf into 3 pans and cooked it and then layered meatloaf and potatoes and then "frosted" it. I used ketchup thickened with tomato paste to frost the letters on and decorate it. It really looked great and didn't taste bad either :)
come to vegas....winter comes once in a decade!!
Post a Comment