Monday, March 2, 2009

Dear Spring


Dear Spring,

Hey, long time fan first time complainer. So Spring, I know that you and Utah really have a hard time together and you try to stay away from here as long as possible but I have to admit the tease you gave us last week made me want you pretty bad. I'm begging you please, please, please put aside your petty differences with Utah and it's everwinter state and come stay with us. You see we paid these guys
Lots of money to do this to our backyard.


And when they were all done this is what we got.



Now you maybe saying "big deal. it's a fence." but to me a mom of three wonderful and charming children, this fence is a lifesaver/sanity/mess saver/ peace of mind giver.
See little boy can't run out into the crazy busy street.


And little girl with pigtails can't run away only to find her in neighbors garage torturing cats and destroying organized piles. She's instead learning how to make sand castles out of dirt and discovering where worms come from.

Big girl thinks it's great to play in a backyard and not have to worry about big kids coming and destroying her clubs and therefore she's having much more fun.

And this garden box can actually become a garden box where as mommy of 3 active children can garden while they stay within eye sight.

So please spring, on behalf of little boy, girl in pigtails, big girl and mommy of 3 I implore you please come quickly. I desire nothing more than hanging out in our newly fenced backyard and taking walks to the park and picnicking underneath trees and watching my big girl swing across the monkey bars and twirling down twirly slides. But I can't without your cooperation. So please come quickly make the grass green, bring out blossoms, take the chill off of my shoulders and bring with you the joy that has fizzled out of winter.
Thank you and Sincerely yours,
Andrea

13 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

amen! nice fence. I'm excited to see what springs up in the garden.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! That's wonderful!! I would love to have a fence!

Sarah said...

Amen! I need me some spring. And I love your fence- how exciting. I hope that spring responds to your plea quickly, and in the affirmative.

Lacey said...

We must all be writing Spring the same letters around here... only your comes complete with pictures that should persuade him to stay! I hope he does. Nice fence!

BJ said...

I agree. (who did your fence and how much?)

Alexis said...

We are severely wishing for spring as well.... our temp's are still below 20. Yuck! Oh, and I love the pics - especially the monkey bar one's! Great job and so cute!

Hoskins Family said...

I love your letter to Spring. I think I am going to need to borrow a copy of it next year when we're in Minnesota!!! p.s. would you tell the everyone in your family to send me a blog invite. Mommyhoskins@gmail.com

Stacey Collom said...

Dido sista! Hey I like your fence, now you can get a dog right? Haha...let's just stick with the kids for now ;).

Camey said...

You are so cute! Spring is my favorite so I am excited as well! I love your fence though. Who put it in?

The Pitcher Family said...

My fence is a lifesaver too. I love your photos! I can't wait for spring

Annie said...

Love it!

P.S. Nice fence!

Daughter of God said...

I like the fence. I don't what we would do without a fence, it's a life saver! Hey I remember Deidra from CEU, tell her hi for me. I wish our ward/stake would do women's basketball. It seems every other ward/stake does it. I bet you're doing just fine! have fun!!

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

This is the BEST post!!! AMEN!!!