On August 29th I (meaning Andrea, many of you may think it was Jeremy whereas he's an AWESOME runner and incredibly talented but no it was the lesser of the talented Me.) Ran 13.1 miles just because I could..well that and I had an awesome partner who said I could..well and it oddly enough sounded like fun. I've been training with my partner Mindy for quite a few months. We've been running together for a little over a year and at the beginning of the Summer she suggested it and I decided why not. It was an A*M*A*Z*I*N*G experience that I would do again and again. We chose to do the top of Utah half marathon which is held in my second home a.k.a. Logan. There were over 2200 runners ranging in age from 12-79! I was super excited and nervous at the start of the race and even threw up at mile 2 but was able to make up some good time and finished in just over 2 hours. I lost my running buddy after Mile 2 and seriously had to do some serious soul searching on why I was running the race but after I concluded that I was running the race for me and only me and it really didn't matter what my time was and I realized I didn't have to impress anybody with a killer awesome time. I really relaxed and got into the grove of running. I felt great through out the rest of the race and really enjoyed myself..I know it sounds impossible to be able to enjoy yourself while running but I really did. And now I'll show you pictures of me running and the post race...I'm going to warn you that I look far less than adorable and I'm really aware that I am super sweaty and these are in no way glamorous but I'm super proud of them anyway.
Me waving to all my wonderful family that should up and all my great friends who helped cheer me on! (sidenote: I'm seriously staring at my little girls because there hair wasn't done and I was mortified they were out in public with hair like that..shallow?? Maybe but I'm a mom and hair that is neglected means a child has been neglected (k not really but I have issues with it) (Obviously.))
I thought this was my end time but no...I had to wait in a line for them to take off my ankle chip..that really really sucked. mainly because I was sure I was going to throw up again at any second.
Me with my girls afterwards if you notice in my hand I have 4 cups that I guzzled so fast and another two not pictured that I drank before that. I was thirsty and oh so hungry!
Cute Abby even if her hair is neglected.
Everyone kept calling to see where I was so I just went and sat by the ambulance so people could find me..I figured it was the safest place for me to be.
This is Mindy...she's awesome she finished in an hour 48 minutes...she won't tell you she's awesome though, just because she's that kind of person. I'm so glad she helped me train she really is the best running buddy a person can ask for.
Now that you've endured those nasty pictures however inspiring they are....... after the race I went back to Jeremy's parent's house and cleaned up I had an amazing photo shoot with Brooke Snow which I'm pretty sure I cyber-stalk she is INCREDIBLE. Anyhow she took THESE photo's. I felt so awesome taking them not because I'm a super babe but because I had set a goal that day and majorly accomplished it and I was super happy with myself. It really shows in my smile and the last picture of me jumping in the air...holy crap after I did that and landed I realized how tired my legs where after running 13.1 miles but still a great experince that everyone should be able to have.
ummm in case you were wondering about the title of this blog post I was both the Beast and the Beauty I looked pretty beastly in the running pictures and I felt Beautiful in my little photo shoot.
The End
3 weeks ago





10 comments:
So incredibly awesome Andrea!
Love the inclusion about the shock of seeing your girls hair not fixed...men! (I have a good story about leaving dad in charge and seeing my kids).
Love the BeaUtiFUL pictures! Great day to choose to have those taken. Every time you look at them you will be reminded what you accomplished and have reason to feel proud!
Great job on the running and Brooke really did an amazing job with the pics!
Congrats on the half! You did awesome! And gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous pic's. Brooke does a fantastic job and you are absolutely beautiful. I love the jumpy one!
congrats!! That is so awesome! I Can't wait until I can start running and getting in shape again!
amy v. young
two things you are amazing, and such a killer example to mommies everywhere. and i sooooo love the idea of you running along only stop briefly stop to fidget with your daughters hair and then get back on with your race. and secondly those shots are gorgeous!!! holy cow, who knew you cleaned up so pretty. i especially love the black and white one with you all giggley.
Andrea, thats crazy. I ran the Spanish Fork Half Marathon on September 5, and we finished with the EXACT same time. Sounds like we run a similar pace. Maybe I can join you and Mindy sometimes?
Those pics of you are GEORGOUS! You are such a hottie! If I had to choose a favorite, it would be the black and white one with your hands on your lap...SO CUTE! I'm so lucky to have you as a sis in law! You're such and inspiration to me!
Wow! Good job on the 1/2! Impressive! Your pictures are fabulous - you look gorgeous! I love your dress too...can I ask where you found it? It's classic. If you're willing to share your secret, will you email me at meljessop@yahoo.com? Thanks!!
Good for you miss runner! I can barely get 3 hours of consecutive sleep now-a-days... so running is out of the question!
Way to go on your race! I so admire people who run because they choose to... :) And those pictures are beyond amazing. Between your inner and outer beauty, those pictures are nothing short of stunning.
Post a Comment