Wednesday, September 9, 2009

overwhelmation

OVERWHELMATION
yes i just made up a word and honestly i like it. I realize that it's been like a month since i posted and i realize that i've lost all my faithful readers but...i mean...come on...life is so much fun and particularly busy in the summer months. So here I go with an attempt at a farewell post to summer.

We went to Lagoon. Lizzie loved all the rides and cried her eyes out when she couldn't ride Wicked but still she needed to grow another 4 inches in like 20 minutes and it just wasn't happening but she did get to ride The Bat and she had a great time doing that.




Lizzie and Abby are now professional drivers thanks to the bumper cars at Lagoon. We'll have to stock up on some super good insurance.



I had my 10 yr reunion and it was super super super cool. It was really good to see these fab girls and catch up on what's going on in their lives.

I was really glad to get to see Jenn. We've been friends since Jr. High and I was a sucky friend and lost contact with her after I left CEU. She looked fabulous but was even more fabulous to talk to. I really hope we can see each other sooner than another 10 years.



While we were in my hometown we were able to see a parade. The girls were so cute with the whole candy throwing business. The streets were lined with lots of kids and it was a major competition for each piece of candy. Each time a float would come up the girls would line the street holding hands hoping for some candy.




And if some stingy float went by without throwing candy at my adorable girls this is what they looked like.


They still loved the parade and probably have six or seven new cavities because of it.

You may ask yourself where is Will in all of these pictures. Well he was off doing something like this to his face:

Will has issues with not bumping, bruising, scratching some part of his body on a daily basis. I guess that's just what you get when you're as crazy as he is.


So this fire was pretty darn close to our house. Started in the grass field that should be a park across from our house. Some darn kids were playing with something in the field and took off but the fire dept. was pretty quick to get it out.


secretly I hoped that it would burn and kill all the grasshoppers and their little eggs but I guess it was a smart thing to put it out and not risk hundreds of homes catching on fire.

Speaking of fire...He was on....


Jeremy was able to play Ultimate Frisbee with L-3 and won for like the 5th year in a row. I love watching Jeremy play he's so super talented!
Cheering on the 2nd place team. It was a close close game but L3 totally won it!




The entire team with their winning medals. The team was huge this year I think maybe next year they might do two teams.

The girls were super proud of their Daddy and his amazing jumping abilities.


The last bit of summer Gma and Gpa Rawlings "kidnapped" Lizzie and all the older cousins for a weekend and ended it at Bear Lake so we tagged along to enjoy the last bit of summer.

The kids dug in the sand and played in the water.

Little Kambria looked like a movie star in her hat and glasses.

Lizzie and Savanah were super proud of their sand castle adorned with mini sea shells.

Gma and Gpa with almost all of their grandkids just missin little ms. leah. Anyone know how to get 7 kids and two adults to look at a camera for 3 seconds?


This made me remember the start of our summer in San Deigo...in some ways that seems like ages ago and yet it was just a matter of weeks. I know in just another matter of weeks it'll be a new year we'll be done with the holidays and maybe then i'll be able to breathe a little easier. but then again i know that where i am in my life is just as a busy mom and i'll be here for a little while. so you'll have to excuse the small spaces between these posts just know that when those happen i'm really just loving life and trying to experince it all with all my heart.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love summer! Looks like you & your family had tons of fun! I was really glad to see you too!

Kylene said...

I like the new word. I will have to use that sometime.

My favorite pic is the sad, "why didn't you throw us any candy" pic. So very cute.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Yikes: that picture of Will. Can I tell you that I still freak out when I think of that moment? I was so glad that he ended up okay.

The rest of the pictures do not freak me out at quite that level.

Amanda said...

I think a lot of people took blog-breaks over the summer. This post had some great pics of lots of super cute people! I particularly love that one of Kambi (I'm a little biased). Way to go Jer. Glad your summer was a blast!

m@R(! said...

i like watching Jeremy play too..he can JUMP! jon will be jeolous. Thanks for running with me for the half...I had no idea you got sick. I thought you were right behind the next 5 miles and i was just waiting for ya to sneak up.
I wish i could run with you guys everyday!!

Melissa said...

dont worry, i forgive you for not mindlessly blogging on abstract thoughts that erupt into full blown theories through out your day. i hope you had a fun summer! i feel like i havent seen you in forever!

Brock and Tyra said...

I love that Jeremy is playing ultimate still. I can personally attest to his mad skills and leaping ability!

Brock and Tyra said...

Hey, can you send me your email address--I need to send you guys and evite to our birthday party.

if you don't have my regular email, send it to tyra.signdesign@yahoo.com
Thanks! Tyra

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

looks like so much fun!!!! i know what you mean about getting behind......