Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lizzie's Firsts

Lizzie had a lot of exciting firsts at the end of August and like a good Mom I documented them all. First off was her first ballet class. I really didn't want to push Lizzie into ballet but when I heard about this new classical ballet studio opening I asked Lizzie if she wanted to give it a try. Lizzie debated about it for a little while and then decided if she didn't like it she could do soccer in the spring. I was so happy and had such a trip down memory lane as we went and bought her first pair of ballet shoes and leotard and tights. She's done remarkably well and really enjoys it. I really try not to be to pushy about it but I would be just thrilled if she continued on with it.



Lizzie's hair slicked back into a proper ballet bun. With a hair comb that I used to wear with my ballet buns.

Striking her poses quite well. I could be biased but she's quite the natural.


Lizzie's next big first started the next day with her first Day in Kindergarten! Lizzie has been ready for ages but it was nice to get it officially on it's way. I was prepared for my tears but the thing that caught me off guard was Abby's. She and Lizzie have done nearly everything together this Summer and when we dropped Lizzie off to School Abby sat right down next to Lizzie and threw a huge FIT when I told her it was our time to go. Abby cried the whole way home and said she wanted to go to school with Lizzie. I think Lizzie missed Abby while she was at school but when Lizzie came back she told Abby all about school while they shared an after school snack. It was one of those small moments that I know I'm going to have to throw in their faces when they're teenagers and they hate each other.

Lizzie all ready to go to school. Her new kicks, her favorite monkey shirt, a butterfly back pack and a giant kiss to her favorite sister.

Lizzie in her class ready for me and her siblings to leave so she can start ruling the classroom.

Lizzie was so silly when she came home and showed me her picture she made. Then gave me some model directions of how she wanted her picture taken.

She wanted to show everyone that she can blow a bubble...I mean afterall she is a big Kindergarten girl now.

This is her fashion smile. Don't know why she calls it that but it sure makes me think she's growing up way too fast!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Fun! They grow up so fast! She is a cutie!

Melissa said...

she is such a doll. i just love her. and silly me, i had no idea there was a specific ballet bun. but she is gorgeous.

McKenna said...

So precious! Aren't girls so much fun!

And?...how much do I love "Overwhelmation". Excellent job, Webster.

Amanda said...

Seems like just yesterday she was a little baby. Poor little Abby :( She'll be in school too before you know it!

Daughter of God said...

IT's fun to see them get into something. I'm glad she likes dance because you danced. I wish I knew more about it. Like when the teacher uses the terms for the feet things and I have no idea what they mean. :] I guess I'll just learn. :]
love ya
amy v. young