Monday, June 2, 2008

Zion's Nat'l Park-Riverside Trail

Well we're back! We took our first real family vacation to St.George/ Zion's National Park. We were so nervous how our three little ones would take to the whole hiking bit. We decided I would take Will in the front carrier and then we purchased a back pack carrier for Abby. Our first hike in Zion's was Riverside Trail (a mile long hike) we thought it would be a good starter hike. It ended up taking all day because they had all of these stops along the way to get your feet wet in the river. We tried switching Will back and forth from the Front carrier to the back pack and we let Abby out every once in awhile to walk on her own. It was tons and tons of fun just long. The amazing part was how well the kids behaved even Will he didn't cry once even when I had forgotten to change his diaper after 6 hours he was still just as happy as ever.

This is our first stop along the way. I really have no idea how Will was so happy in that thing.

Jeremy, Lizzie and Abby. Somehow I think as the parents we looked like pack mules.


This is where Abby picked up her new hobby. Jeremy taught Abby how to pick up rocks and throw them into water. This was the best thing in the world and wherever Abby found water from there on out she threw in anything.

Our Happy little Man. He was so happy through out the whole hike. It was right after this picture I realized I hadn't changed his diaper in quite some time. (He was leaking out of the front carrier) (say it with me eeewwwww)
Cool stacked rocks. Every once in awhile I wished that I was a real photographer.

3 comments:

the letter "J" said...

How fun! It looks GORGEOUS there, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I have never been there! Saturday night was sure fun and should definitely repeated!! :o)

Alexis said...

Looks like fun! We can't wait to see you guys so our little boys can meet! We need to give you a call so we can figure a good time to come out! :)

kristin said...

that looks like so much fun! What a great trip. Even though my hubby is from So. Utah, we haven't ever been to Zion together. Maybe next summer with our baby in a front carrier!