Lizzie turned 5 on Saturday. Oh my heck! It still feels weird to say that. The morning started out fantastic. Lizzie bounded into our room at 6:50 a.m. to let us know it was her birthday. She snuggled up to me and said, "Guess what Mom?" I said "What" "When I tell people that I'm 5 now I'm not lying." She's been so full of quotable moments lately. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday breakfast and she said chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream. I know all of you healthy eaters out there are thinking no way would I serve that to my child. Might as well give her a bowl of ice cream. But honestly could you say No to such an adorable 5 year old?She looks a little tired but after 3 chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream she was ready to take on the world.
Lizzie had a friend birthday party with a very royal theme. It was so much fun to have all of her friends come in their fancy clothes. Sorry for the boys and the whole princess thing but you guys all did great.I was so frazzled trying to get stuff ready for the party I didn't take too many pictures. We dolled up our basement with white lights and balloons and played lots of fun games all with princesses in mind. For Sleeping Beauty we played that when Sleeping Beauty pricked her finger everyone had to fall asleep. (You turn off the music and they stop dancing) Cinderella we passed an old tattered shoe and when the bell went off whomever was holding the tattered shoe got to wear the slippers and ring the bell for the next person. Ariel-princess charades (because Ariel can't talk). Snow White they had to find the poison apple (marked with a green string) and Jasmine we had to dig in the sand for jewels. It was lots of fun and we had a good time playing the games.
I've always wanted to make these and decided that they would be perfect with the treat bags as magic wands. We had so much fun making them and I wouldn't hesitate to make them again. I posted a tutorial on how to make them on my other blog here.
I've learned that children don't eat cake, they smash the cake to little crumbs, lick off the frosting and then drink the ice cream so I decided we'd have ice cream and cookies. So glad that I did but I couldn't quite give up the whole birthday cake thing. I figured we'd eat it with the adults later. This was my attempt at a Jewelry box. It probably could be considered cute but after looking at a friend's blog and her perfection on cakes I think I'll just be all right with my mediocre performance. (Mac I swear I'm going to have you make my cake!!!) ((my birthday is in 21 days!) )
Lizzie still looks excited to eat it and I think that's Kennedy double checking my math on the candles.
4 days ago





9 comments:
I love your cake! How cute is that! The whole party looked like a success. Happy Birthday Lizzie. You have a great mama!
Andrea, love the princess theme party! Some great ideas there. Hard to believe your daughter is five. I never believed all the moms that told me "your children will grow up so fast!" But now, as I see my little ones changing and growing so quickly, I realize they were right... ;)
That is a very cute cake idea. Well played. Happy Birthday Lizzie, Wow, time flys, doesn't it.
What a fun idea! I bet all of those kids had a blast. I'm sure I'll be using some of your ideas in the future (my little one is princess-obsessed!).
what a fun day! and kuddos on that cake, it was so cute!
kenna is a stickler for proper number representation on her desserts. they had a blast, they especially loved their chocolate cookie magic wands., thank you!!
...and YOU can come up with all the cute games for MY birthday! How cute are you! I would never have thought of those, but The Princess is having her first friend party this year, so I'm keeping those games in mind slash stealing all of your ideas :) I can't believe she is five already. I still remember sitting with you at the Tabernacle for conference and she was so sweet and tiny! Time goes too fast. Remember hanging with Dan at the golf course under the stars...and now he has four kids? Craziness.
So much for remembering everyone's birthday this year! I remembered 3-4 times that weekend, but the timing was never right to call Lizzie and wish her a happy bday! Please let her know I didn't forget her.
I don't know if you'll remember me, but I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi. I was Lizzie's nursery teacher in the 41st ward years ago, and you moved away when Abby was only a few weeks old. I can't believe that Lizzie is 5 already!!! Holy cow, where has the time gone??? You have a beautiful family and it sounds like a fun, happy life. It's great to see you again!
Post a Comment