Well here it is way over 2 weeks since I last posted but there is good reason. I've been busy soaking up all the last of summer. I mean I love fall and there are so many fun things to do in the fall but for some reason I just felt it necessary to say goodbye to summer and the craziness that comes from it. So here is my post to the end of summer with some pix that I may have posted but maybe not.Our summer started out with our 1st family vacation to Zion's Nat'l Park. It was awesome.
We visited with lots of friends through out the summer but it was sure nice to get together with the Phillips family. Lizzie was reconnected with Sophie and has missed her since they left.
What is a summer without watermelon? This is Jace a friend of ours son. We've had a great time playing with them through out the summer.
Will has been such a trooper learning how to content himself in the stroller while his older sisters cut loose and run wild and fancy free. I'm sure next year he will be all over the place.
Lizzie took swimming lessons this year and has now qualified herself as a fish. She's a great little swimmer.
She can't wait for next year when she gets to go in the deep water. She loves to swim.
This is Lizzie and Jackson who helped each other not drown during their first swim lessons together.
The 4th of July is a big deal here on our block and somehow I failed to post anything about it. This picture is of our neighbors kids who are all so close to Will's age. Poor little Hannah on the end is going to have to learn how to tough it out with these rough rolling boys.
We always sing Happy Birthday to America on the 4th of July just before lighting off fireworks with a monster Cupcake cake. It's now become my favorite tradition.
We became amazing outdoors men this year and took multiple camping trips and now that we own both a tent and a 4 wheeler I'm sure we'll have plenty more camping adventures. (K i love Abby's hair in this pic simply for the fact that it was in revenge for her keeping me up the entire night before. Yes, I'm a terrible mother!)
Jeremy had his 10 yr reunion this summer and they had a fun little get together with Cotton Candy, bouncy houses, and a yummy lunch. It really was so much fun to see all of Jeremy's old classmates.
Lizzie still calls Cotton Candy "rotten candy" she sure can eat a lot of something that's so rotten.
Abby loves playing in the water and these few pix demonstrates pretty much all of it.
Pouring out all the water. Only to find that she can do it again and again.
Until she says she's all done.
I think Will is all done with being in the stroller this summer. But now that he's completely mobile and pulling himself to standing and everything now at the ripe old age of 8 months I'm sure next summer we won't be able to keep up with him.All in all a great summer and now we're looking forward to an equally pleasing fall. Lizzie is starting preschool. The leaves will begin to change. We will celebrate our anniversary, birthdays and Halloween and then before we know it it's Winter and the craziness that ensues. I hope everyone else had a well balanced Summer and I can't wait to see what the fall brings to us.





3 comments:
Hey, I don't have Mandy's email, would you please drop her a line and let her know I'd love to be invited?
mommysteelelife at gmail dot com
That does look like it's been a great summer! And I'm in denial. Joey's not going to do that... Never... OK I know I want him to grow up, but why does it have to happen so fast?
can you believe those eyes on your kids????? beautiful, so beautiful. you guys are so sporty! i am super impressed. how come you guys didnt tell me about the ginormous cupcake tower? fun.
Post a Comment