Monday, February 2, 2009

The Stair Master


Will has finally mastered the stairs. A very important thing when you have 28+ crazy steps. It's been really nice to not to have to worry about baby gates and Will loves the freedom of being able to go wherever he wants to go.

I love that Will starts crawling backwards from about the middle of the hallway. I feel like he should have blinkers and a beeper to let people know he's backing up.

Swinging himself around the door frame.

And finally we begin the process of coming down the steps.

Checking his blind spots for other children and possibly toys.

Coming down...

........Almost there.....


That's one step for baby Boy and one step for Baby gate freedom.

Look at the sense of accomplishment on his face.

...Still to come this week Lizzie's field trip to the fire station and a new weekly segment called "Our week in pictures." where I try to be a little more photographic. See ya soon.

5 comments:

Kaylene said...

Wow! Awesome! I don't think any of my boys have made it there till much later! Course we lived in one floor apartments, and any stairs we had were closet to weapons (cement and steel), that soft with a good grip... Joey has been taking off up the stairs for two months now, and can get off of chairs or beds, so I guess he could do it, it just hadn't occurred to me!

GREAT JOB WILL!

Melissa said...

I bet he is such a happy boy!!!! my kids turn in to all new happy babies when they accomplish such great tasks.

Sarah said...

Hurray for stairs! it's so awesome when they master that skill - because until then, you're constantly watching every stinkin' flight of stairs everywhere you go. Always. So nice when they're such big kids. Congrats to both Will and yourself!

Camey said...

He is such an adorable kid. All your kids arr though! I am excited what you do with your pictures. Maybe I will have to take it up!

Sharon said...

28 stairs. Ouch if he falls! Sorry that He just graduated from a baby to a 'big' boy. He is the cutest! He looks so much like you!