We left Vegas before noon and made the long stretch to San Diego. The kids struggled a bit for this stretch of the trek. Even though it was shorter to San Diego from Las Vegas than from home to Las Vegas we were all tired of being in the car and feeling pretty anxious for the Ocean. It was totally worth the wait. When we got to our Condo (thanks to the Wihonghi's) we were blown away at all the room.
Needless to say we had plenty of space and coming back to the "hotel" after a long day of sight seeing was super relaxing. Not to mention the coin we saved on having the full kitchen and being able to eat our usual cold cereal breakfast (added bonus we bought ice cream and had ice cream every night when we got home).
After we got a little settled we took off for the beach. 1ST beach on our radar was Imperial beach on Coronado Island. Jeremy and I never made it there when we honeymooned in San Diego and man were we ever sorry that we missed out. We got to the beach just as the sun was setting and well I'll let you see.
After getting in as much of the view as we could we walked through coronado...I could move there...right this second...you think i'm kidding...but i'm not. We found a cool 50's diner and ordered some super yummy food. I was sad I didn't bring my camera in the diner I keep telling myself that we'll go back but you'll all have to just imagine it till then. We were so happy by the end of our meal but still pretty tired. We went back to our fabulous digs and San Diego and slept happily and soundly.











5 comments:
How fun! I love San Diego. If it weren't so darn expensive there I would want to live there as well. Looks like you guys had a blast - awesome condo!!
It looks like the exact room we had. You used her worldmark condo right? I love it there! Did you go the zoo or Sea World? I will have to try that diner next time I go!
You are making me homesick for San Diego. It sounds like you are going to the same places that Paul, Mike, Kassy, Cyrena, Chris and I did in October. We loved Corondo beach also. Kassy was attack by a bunch of sea gulls. It was great. I know what you are talking about walking around downtown. It would be fun to live there if you had all the money in the world. Have a great vacation.
Love you
Wow!! what a great trip! thanks for sharing!! I'm jealous! :o)
I'm more than a little jealous! San Diego is one of my favorite places on earth . . . beautiful pics and fun to see your whole family in one picture :)
p.s. how are you related to my Aunt Sandra???
Post a Comment