Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First Day of Vacation

We woke up early Monday Morning and packed our bags then hit the road for Vegas. We were a bit apprehensive about how the kids would travel those long 6 hours but they were AWESOME! Before we knew it we were in Las Vegas and so excited not to go hit the casinos or catch any super cool shows but because Jeremy's little sister lives in Vegas and she had just had her first baby. As soon as we checked into our hotel we took off to go see Curt and Mandy but most importantly little Kambria. She did not disappoint in the cute department. Lizzie was excited to hold her but somehow in the past 18 months had forgotten how to hold little babies.

She was a little bit confused on how to hold her head but got for a second.


Then Kambria started fussing. We were trying to convince her to suck her thumb in this pic.

Then she moved and Lizzie was super worried. How the heck are you supposed to hold a moving baby.


Kambria seemed to be laughing at her older cousin here.


Normally I hate slide shows on blogs. (Sorry for those of you who use them all the time.) But I took over 800 pictures in one week so there's a lot for everyone to see. So I've composed a few slide shows set to some super cool music for you all to see. But don't worry I've saved my favorite pix of the whole trip to be posted at the end of the week. So check back often this week.
Till then here's my first slide show. We stayed at the stratasphere our first night in Vegas in a super nice room for just a mere 30 dollars! Woot for cheap hotel rooms. We had free roof access so we went up to take in the views of Vegas. If I were the more INSANE kind of person I would have begged Jeremy to ride the INSANE rides they have on top of the stratasphere but as it was I almost threw up just being as high up as we were and had to really let myself go to let me kids get so close to the glass. Ya I'm not such a big fans of heights.



But I am a cool enough Mom that we were able to do the Penny souvineir.

The girls had an awesome time just turning the dumb wheel. They were even more excited to see that something actually came out.

Lizzie keeps this in her pocket everyday.

Got to Love the stratosphere although there's many things that I don't love about Vegas I sure do Love my Family!

3 comments:

Kylene said...

I use to love it when my mom would let us do the penny souvenir. Looks like a great time! Kambria is beautiful.

Amanda said...

Yes I think my daughter is the most beautiful baby girl ever...but that first pic is just not her best! Oh well. Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. I loved those penny things!

mel said...

I once in my youth rode the big shot on top of that insanely high building. Um-probably will never, ever do it again. At least I have bragging rights.