Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sea World delight


My camera died half way through our day at Sea World so the pictures from there are a quite a bit more manageable. Looking back through my pictures I realized I took a lot of the animals and attractions that we went through and thoroughly regret not taking more pics of my kids and hottie husband. But I guess I'll store that in the "next time" file. Till then here's a look at Sea World through my lens. Lizzie now wants to add a marine biologist to her lofty list of things she wants to be when she grows up. Abby was thrilled at the entire section of Sea World called Seasame Street Bay..They had fantastic rides just for little kiddos, splash pads and everything else a little girl could possibly want on the flip side she absolutely hated the Elmo's world 3-d movie. She didn't think it was too cool that when the fire hose sneezed she got wet and the bugs flying in front of her face really freaked her out. Will loved every single animal and barked at them all. His favorite had to be the Dog show I thought he was going to be hoarse by the end of the 20 minute show he screamed at every single animal.

Our first show was the sea lion show. We got there just as it started. Lizzie thought it was "pretty cool" but now can identify the difference between a sea lion and a manatee so I feel pretty good about that.

We stopped to look at the sea lions afterwards and this guy walked up to the glass to say Hell-o to Lizzie and Abby (it helped that some guys from Austraila were feeding him fish right by the girls)

Abby loved feeling like she was right there in their faces.


Then on to the Dog show


I can still hear Will's screaming through this entire show. He was so excited to see so many dogs/cats/birds and a PIG.
Lizzie thought that the dogs on a date were the cutest part of the show.

I wish I would have brought Duct tape to keep Will on my lap he was just dying to go down and play with the dogs.

Abby for the entire week before our trip talked about going to San Diego and seeing the ponies. So we went to see the one pony at Sea World

Good thing Sea World has a weird thing with that Beer place.

Be careful though Those ponies just might bite!


Then on to the Dolphin Show, Lizzie was extremely jealous of the family that got to feed the dolphins and was genuinely concerned for the mom that fell in, then laughed pretty hard when she found out that the Mom was really a trainer. I personally love the dolphin show and am so amazed at the talent those creatures have.


This is the sad part. As we were petting the sting rays my camera died..right before our last show of the day with Shamoo I know everyone just cried but we got it on video.

Abby had issues with wanting to lick her hands after touching the sting rays...maybe she'll be sushi eater but whatever her deal was it grossed me out pretty good.

Did you know that Sting rays can growl? We heard them growl right after Jeremy grabbed it, The sting ray was about to eat a fish that someone was holding out for it but it creeped me out enough that I was pretty sure I was just going to take pictures from a safe distance.

Sorry no pix of shamoo and the awesome Sesame Street Bay but when we got back to our condo I charged the battery really good for the San Deigo Zoo. So tilll then......

2 comments:

Melissa said...

i love the dolphin show! its so beautiful. I can't believe you let your beloved camera die! you didnt bring along a charger and all the other accessories like the tripod and all!

Jenny Colvin said...

I just love love love the pictures it makes me miss California oh who am i kidding I miss being there all the time. Sunny weather and Beaches is all I have to say.